Outdoor asphalt/concrete basketball courts can provide hours of enjoyment for you and your family. One of the nice things about owning an asphalt or concrete basketball court is that they require very little regular maintenance. However, over time, asphalt tennis courts will deteriorate. This deterioration will manifest itself visually in the form of worn color material, surface cracks and low areas/bird baths. The gradual wear of an outdoor basketball court can eventually result in hazardous conditions. For this reason, your outdoor basketball court should be professionally resurfaced every 4-5 years.
Fast-Dry Courts, Inc. resurfaces many asphalt/concrete outdoor basketball courts every year. We have a team of professionally trained and experienced color-coating specialists who can bring your court back to a "like-new" condition. We can also replace or repair your existing basketball standard (post, backboard, etc.).
Fast-Dry Courts, Inc. will execute the following steps when completing your basketball resurfacing project:
- Flood the court to identify low areas and "bird baths"
- Patch low areas that retain more than 1/16" of water one hour after flooding
- Repair all cracks with caulking/patching material
- Fiberglass membrane may be installed for cracks 1/8" or wider
- Apply 1-2 coats of acrylic resurfacing product to repair minor depressions and imperfections
- Apply 1-2 coats of acrylic color paint
- Apply new line paint